Hope you have a wonderful day!Today's word is cold. Cold, I say. Effing Cold.
32 degrees, my ass. Don't let them fool you.
We walked all through old town...saw the Glockenspiel (whoo-hoo), window shopped...what the hell is Boxing Day, anyway...none of the stores were open...but at least the beer halls were. Life is good. So are those little Nurenberg sausages. And let's not forget about the sauerkraut and mustard. I think I must have some German blood in my heritage.
By the way, here are some pics from the Hofbrauhaus yesterday:


That's some good dunkel right there. About a liter's worth, I think. After two of them...I didn't really care. ;-)
And then there's the struedel...

Our friends Christine and Linda arrived today and we all went out for dinner to the Paulaner Brewhaus (about a ten minute walk from the hotel). Right across the canal from the front of the restaurant was the brewery, and you could see the giant tanks all lit up like Christmas trees. It was a beautiful sight.
Tomorrow is city tour day and shopping day. One of our suitcases blew a zipper...oh, no! shopping opportunity! And we've already seen several good steins that might be candidates for residency in our bar at home. Looking forward to more good beer and sausages... And just think: we haven't even gotten to the cruise part of our vacation yet. I'd better start pacing myself!
t
1 comment:
That looked like a REALLY GOOD BEER Joe!
Post a Comment