With so much going on...I haven't even thought about Christmas. I mean, we didn't decorate (why put all that stuff out when no one will be there to see it). I haven't heard that many carols. I haven't done any shopping (I plan to buy all my Christmas presents while we're in Europe). I really haven't thought much about it, and therefore, not been in the holiday mood (traveling mood, yes...holiday, not so much).
Well, I turned a corner today. So I'd like to share my musings on our vacation-themed Christmas:
Sung to the tune of I’ll be home for Christmas (with introductory verse that you almost never hear on the radio)
I’m dreaming tonight of the things I love, even more than I usually do.
And although I know, it’s a long way there, I promise you –
I’ll drink beer for Christmas, you can count on me.
Please have brauts and lots and lots of strudel under the tree.
Munich’s full of history, there for all to see,
But I’ll be in a beer hall: The next round is on me!
Sung to the tune of Frosty the Snowman (I'm working on the rest of the song...perhaps it will come to me when I have one of those giant beers in hand).
Gretchen the beer maid is a jolly happy soul,
She can lug twelve hefeweizen bier and a big, warm pretzel roll.
Sung to the tune of Jingle Bells (again, just a short version).
Jingle Bells, beer hall smells
Sausages and beer.
We’ll all be in Germany
For Christmastime this year!
That's all for now (thankfully).
t
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment