Sunday, December 21, 2008

Atlanta? Why Atlanta?

We leave tomorrow and head for Atlanta before going on to Munich. Atlanta? Yep. We figured if the weather turned bad, it would be less likely to hit Atlanta than the alternative, Chicago. Turns out we made a good decision: Mother Nature is hammering everything north of the Mason/Dixon line from coast to coast.

Joe's been getting texts from Debbie all day...his sister who, with her husband, Dave, have been sitting on the tarmac in Seattle for about four hours, waiting for de-icer and the runways to be cleared. They've already missed their connection in Amsterdam for Munich, and they're just waiting to hear whether or not SeaTac (the airport they're at) is going to say, "To hell with it," and shut down the whole operation.

Deb and Dave are supposed to beat us to Munich by a day and a half...we may get there first.

We're also looking forward to seeing our friends Steve and Michelle in Atlanta during our layover. Haven't seen them in several years, and even though it's Monday night, right before Christmas, and they probably should be at home putting together a bicycle or playhouse for their kids instead of out partying with us, they're meeting us for a late snack and drinks. On second thought...it now makes perfect sense to me why they insist on meeting us. I know I'd be doing the same ;-)

I beat Joe in the packing race. My bags are by the door and ready to go. I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that just means I'll have a shopping opportunity! Like I need an excuse.

No comments: