While we don't actually leave for Munich until December 23, my vacation actually starts Friday, December 19, at 5:01 pm. Six weeks from now.
When I was a kid, six weeks was an eternity. Now, six weeks is just a blip on the scope. I'll run out of time before I run out of decks to clear at the office, or before I find the perfect scarf to go with the perfect coat I found. Six weeks will swoosh past me like dry leaves caught in a sudden gust. Six weeks barely gives me time to finalize my packing list. ;-)
Six weeks used to be the time for tests. I guess it still is. At least for us. We've been tested this past week with the news that we needed a new furnace, we had a foundation leak and, oh! that'll be $5,000 dollars...six weeks before we leave on vacation. I guess I'm glad it happened now. Had it happened while we were still in the planning stages of the trip, we may not have decided to go. Or what if it had happened while we were gone?!? How awful if we were abroad and have to leave all the shit on the housesitter's shoulders...or, worse, come home to a flooded house...no thanks!
In six weeks, though, it will all be over. In six weeks we'll be leaving it all behind...yes, worries and all. All. In six weeks.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment