Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Travel Books

Our trip must be getting close because we've started buying our travel books. The first one bought, and certainly the most promising so far, is "The Beer Drinker's Guide to Munich." I hope to have it memorized in the next day or two.

Second, and even more entertaining, is "Let's Go Amsterdam (on a budget)." This book is particularly entertaining because Joe has spent a good part of this evening reading to me about the different "products" you can buy at the various "coffee houses" and the ins and outs (no pun intended) of the red light district. This information would usually be merely interesting, but it's exponentially more amusing simply because it's Joe who's reading it...out loud. Paints a picture, doesn't it?

We also have a couple of good maps and a AAA guide book of Munich. I'm looking forward to plowing through them all...I guess I'd better get my post-it tabs ready!

No comments: