I hope it snows when we're in Munich. Not much, mind you. Just enough so on Christmas Eve I can stand in Marienplatz (the town center) and sing Silent Night in German, while drinking a really big beer. Okay, maybe I'll just listen for carollers singing Silent Night in German while drinking a really big beer.
Yesterday, Joe and I went beer shopping (the beer shelf in our fridge is in sad shape) and were sucked in by the Franzenkaner/Warsteiner/Spaten vortex. It's a very good thing. I'm sooo looking forward to the up close and personal version.
I started the packing list and got some cool airplane toys: an inflatable seat back that gives your whole back a cushion (so we might actually be able to sleep in Economy) and a silk blanket/wrap with a little pocket on one end to keep my feet warm. I already have one of those neck pillows, so I think I'm good to go!
There will be two formal nights (we think) on the cruise. Those of you who read the ANZ blog will remember my diva dresses...yeah, we won't be wearing them this time around. I haven't been that good on my diet. I'll have to figure out something else (I'm sure I'll manage). The rest of the evenings will be nice attire, of course, jeans during the day, and we won't have to worry about swim suits. I refuse: on weather conditions and...um...have you seen my pasty white thighs lately? ;-) They're only going to get pastier and whiter...at least until April or May!
I'm looking forward to seeing our friends, Chris and Linda, from Boston and Providence, respectively. We met them on our last European river cruise. Great travelers! Great fun! Great friends! I can't wait to see you! I'm also looking forward to spending time with Debbie, Dave, Linda, Wally and Silvana...and meeting Doug for the first time. I hear we should get along splendidly!
Let's face it, I'm just plain looking forward to everything about this trip.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment